Our Early Intervention Services program – ASCEND – provides confidential support through personalized care coordination for people who are newly diagnosed with HIV or who have been in HIV care before but had difficulty staying in care. By working closely with AARC’s in-house medical, HIV prevention, and behavioral health teams, ASCEND’S holistic approach focuses on helping you access HIV care and, most importantly, STAY in care. Your ASCEND Case Manager will link you to vital medications, coach you on how to keep taking them, and provide you with resources that will help you keep your medical appointments and support your mental well-being.

Service Details

Care Coordination

The ASCEND team links you to medical care, medications, and community resources.

Personalized Education

Learn the basics of HIV in a private session or with a partner, friend or family member.

Outreach Services

Need help reconnecting to HIV care? ASCEND can help!

Contact Info / Get Started

The following documents are required to get started:

  1. Identification (ex: Texas ID, LUPE ID, Matricula Consular, Tarjeta de elector, or TDCJ ID)
  2. Proof of Residence (Utility Bills, Lease Agreement, Mortgage Statement, etc.)
  3. Proof of Income ((3) Paystubs, last year’s W2 forms if employed, if unemployed supporters’ statement, Social Security Income Award Letter
  4. Copy of Medicaid, food stamp, ADAP, or other private insurance cards, if you have them (Note: Insurance is not required to apply for services)
  5. Proof of HIV status
  6. List of any current medications ( if you have them)
  7. Recent lab work to include current VL/CD4/Platelet count if you have it

*Don’t worry if you don’t have all the required documents; client Access Navigators will help you find or obtain the documents you need.

Contact 210-688-5793 for questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

What If I don’t have proof of income?

Don’t worry about it; inform the Client Access Navigator of your specific challenge with not having proof of income. We have internal forms that can be filled out and signed to verify income or no income.

Do I need a social security number to access services?

You do not need a U.S. Social Security number or insurance to access services.

Who qualifies for Case Management Services?

Anyone living with HIV is eligible.

Join us on Dec 8th for AARC's Red Party, A World AIDS Day Event. $25 Pre Sale Tickets Available NOW